What do you do when something is just not ready to wear out?
I have had something like that with me for the past eight years and it’s still in good condition. The only thing is that I am super bored of its plain and dull look. It’s my slippers…..yes you heard it right. Please don’t laugh or make fun of me. They are really boring, have a look…….
and they are too common.
So what do you suggest I should do with these slippers………..
Well, kitsch and decoupage have been on my mind for a long so why not fulfill both desires and at the same time give a new look to the extremely boring slippers?
So here I go with some easily available supplies:
- Colorful paper cuttings from a Magazine
- White water-based glue
- Acrylic Medium/ Modpodge
1. I washed it and then let it dry completely. applied acrylic medium on the surface and put paper cutting.
2. Then I applied acrylic medium on the paper that I pasted. Kept on doing steps 1 and 2 until the surface was all covered with paper. Let it dry.
3. Then I mixed 1 part glue in 1 part water applied it properly on the surface and pasted a cutting of this cute doll that I found in a magazine. Let it dry.
4. After it was completely dried I gave two coats of varnish and it is almost waterproof and that’s how it looks now!!
I am happy with the outcome. Though I don’t know how long it will last I am happy that it is not an eyesore anymore. I love wearing it 🙂
Some more clicks…………
And finally, I am done with Decoupage and Kitsch as well. How do you like this DIY?
Do let me know which version of the slippers you liked…the earlier one or the decoupage one!!
Wishing you a happy and creative weekend.
Have great fun!!!