This time, I had already decided that I wouldn’t let my brat spoil all the fun and keep me on my toes all the time. So what did I do to keep him occupied? Well, I baked Christmas cookies and decorated them too. I planned to play head chef and allowed my boy to be my sous chef. Though the roles got reversed as we proceeded further. But it was super fun altogether spending fun times with my little one and watch him decorate the cookies on his own.
I had baked cookies earlier but never decorated them, that too with minimum resources available so it was exciting for me too. Don’t ask about the boy, he was excited to the core. This is my first batch of the cookies. Next batch will get little better since I have bought all the supplies. Now if you are inspired to bake and decorate your Christmas cookies too then let’s get started.
Once the dough is rolled out you can now cut out the cookies in various fun sizes and shapes using cookie cutters. I didn’t have the cookie cutter so I planned to cut out the cookies using small bowls, but my brat didn’t allow me to do so. He rolled out all the cookies in amoeba shape (now that is also a fun shape) and I had to bake them in the oven. This is how I baked the cookies.
- Grease the cookie tray and place the cookies on it leaving 1/2″ space between each cookie.
- Place the cookie tray in preheated oven at 350 F or 175 C for 8-10 mins.
- Take out the tray once cookies are done. Leave cookies on the tray for 5 mins and then transfer them on a cooling rack.
Cookies are now ready. You can store them as it is in a cookie tin or if you wish to decorate them then proceed…
I made eggless icing in two ways
- Eggless royal icing
- Sugar glaze
- In icing sugar add milk drop by drop, keep mixing it properly.
- Check the consistency of icing it should be similar to toothpaste’s consistency if you are using it for outlines and for piping.
- For flooding, you can add more milk to make it thin.
Reindeer and poinsettia ones are decorated by me. I found it little hard to outline the cookies as it was the first time that I was decorating the cookies, but I am sure I will do better next time.