Happy Monday dear readers!! I am Excited to share my sofa makeover story with you all.
Regular readers of my blog are very well aware that I was sick of my ugly looking sofa, especially of its brindled cushions/seats and boring look. I was quite desperate to give it a quick makeover and after lots of head-scratching, I decided to get the covers stitched for its cushions as this was the cost effective and easy way for quick sofa makeover.
Let me show you how boring it was earlier. I didn’t like the dark tone of its seat and back cushions though I liked its teak wood finish a lot. It was really hard for me to style the sofa
even with the prettiest cushions. That’s why sofa makeover was the need of the hour.
I went to the local market in search of the best fabric for my sofa. I wanted the fabric that fits my style and budget. I gravitate towards earthy/warm tones and that’s why I chose gold honey colour for my sofa cushion covers and fabric I chose is poly chenille for its premium quality and elegant look.
The beautiful colour of the sofa cushion covers sets a perfect backdrop for throw pillows and knick-knacks placed on the coffee table.
How a small change can completely transform the look and feel of the place. If you are also looking for a quick sofa makeover, here are some tips for you:
- If your budget is less then changing cushion covers can do the trick. Having cushions in different sizes adds the dimension but if the cushions are in same size then choose cushion covers in different colours & patterns to make it more of a statement. Though there is no particular rule to decorate your space. Create several looks and go with the one that works best for you.
- If you are bored of the same look of your sofa then it’s time to change the upholstery and in turn, it will change the look of your place. If you have a wooden sofa with removable cushions/seats then get the covers stitched for the cushions the way I did. There are myriad of colours to choose from and fabric comes in various varieties too like chenille, polyester microsuede, velvet, soft linen, jute, spandex and many others. You can get 2-3 sets of sofa cushion covers in different colours and fabrics and change them when you are bored of the same look or wish to give a quick makeover to your place.
- Sometimes all you need is just a beautiful throw or a blanket to cover the seats of your sofa and it can totally transform the entire look of the place and let me ask, how much did you spend?
- If the cushions of your sofa have become saggy and ruining the look of your living room then replace the stuffing to plump up your sofa.
- With time, the wood loses its sheen and make the sofa look dull. If you have teak wood furniture then you relate to it very well. So after every 4-5 year, your wood furniture needs polishing and touch up. I too got all my furniture polished and added few more years to its life.
Don’t forget to style the coffee table and side table. I placed green votives and a brass trinket box at the one end of the coffee table and a red Anthropologie inspired planter
in a sabai grass baske
t on the other end to balance the look. On the side table, I added lots of green to make the place look lively and placed Buddha figurine that exudes serenity. I placed an orange colour vase behind Buddha for a cohesive look as my cushions are orange too.
Here is a complete look of my living room after the sofa makeover and I am totally in love with my sofa now. I hope you enjoyed reading about this sofa makeover and will take advantage of the tips I shared here.
See you all soon with some new post or a new makeover story. Have a lovely week ahead!!