- The very first step to making any space look beautiful and pleasing is to make it free of clutter. Clean all the shelves and cabinets. Discard all those things that are no longer in use and just take up a lot of cabinet space. Clutter-free bathroom countertops will not only make your bathroom look spacious but will provide space to keep essential cosmetics and decor accessories.
|Source: Penintdesign / homify|
- Clean everything from shower faucets to faucets, tiled walls to floors, shower enclosure to window glass. Remove cobwebs and dust from the corners. When the space is all clean and free from dust, it starts to look beautiful even without adding any extras.
- If you give a fresh coat of paint to any space then don’t bother about anything else. Paint itself can brighten up the space and can bring about much-needed change. A lighter shade for a small bathroom is what I will suggest as light shade will give the illusion of a big space. Though you can always experiment with colors. One wall in a darker shade and to tone it down all the other walls in lighter shades are in trend.
- Mirrors can turn any dull space into a bright and cheerful one. Mirror in large size above the countertop will not only look aesthetically pleasing but also provide a better view. It reflects light and makes the bathroom appear bigger and brighter.
|Source: Smartstyle Interiors / homify|
- Lighting fixtures in the right places can bring about a big difference in the overall look of the bathroom. I will suggest warm diffused light for stylish and functional bathrooms. Lighting fixtures on either side of the mirror will provide better light than using just one fixture above the mirror.
- Now when you are done with everything, it’s time to decorate your bathroom and give it a personal touch. Put up some paintings that go well with the color of the bathroom’s paint. It can be your own creation as we are talking about personal touch. Keep vases full of fresh flowers or a small plant with a beautiful planter to bring some cheer. Don’t forget to place a potpourri or reed diffuser on the bathroom countertop or place a few drops of essential oil on the toilet paper roll. Your bathroom will smell amazing. Keep a basket full of hand towels and toiletries near the basin.
Coming up next is a blog about my balcony garden makeover. Stay Tuned!!