A large blank wall means a large blank canvas for creative decor. A blank wall can ruin a beautiful room design on the other hand beautifully decorated wall can transform any space from drab to fab. Decorating a large blank wall isn’t as intimidating a task as it is considered. Here I have decoded some easy wall decorating ideas that call for a little imagination but bring about a great change.
- Happy colors make a happy wall. Painting a wall in vibrant color instantly brings about the change. Bold colors on a large blank wall can actually make a place look even larger. It is a perfect way to add a pop of color to a dull and boring space. Madder Red has been announced as the color of the year by Asian Paints and the energy and warmth emanated by this color can certainly add a lot of character and cheer to the place.
- Though painting a large blank wall in bright and bold colors is just enough to bring in the cheer to add some texture and some personal touch you can create a textured wall. There are a variety of textures and effects like disc, timber, spiral, torrent, fizz, seashell, delta color wash, weaving, combing, canvas, and many others. Stenciling a wall can also be a fun idea to give it a personal touch.
- Installing wallpaper on a large blank wall isn’t only an easy-peasy way to decorate the wall but it also adds a touch of elegance. What can be a better idea than choosing trendy wallpapers like tropical, abstract, mural, forest, and geometrical to turn the place from an ordinary to an extraordinary one?
- To add some dimension to the wall you can put up some empty wooden frames in different shapes and sizes in vibrant hues. Choose the layout that works best for the large wall. Neither it should look cluttered nor underdone. Display framed family photos to add some personal touch. It will bring back lots of memories. Create a gallery wall full of mirrors to make the place look brighter and bigger. How about breaking up an oversized photograph and then creating a gallery wall of it.
- A large bookcase that covers the entire wall will not only give you the space to organize all your books but will also bring in the Victorian elegance. It can easily change the overall look and feel of the place. Here’s an interesting idea if you don’t want to install a bookcase but still wish to add Victorian elegance to your decor, fake a collection of books by installing a bookshelf wallpaper.
- Wall shelves are a good solution for all storage problems and at the same time serve as a nice wall decor by adding some dimension to the wall. Wall shelves are in trend these days and can save a lot of floor space. These shelves come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors to suit your style and taste.
- An oversized artwork that almost covers the wall grabs all the attention and makes the wall a focal point of the room. Finding a life-size picture, getting it framed, and putting it up on the wall can be a daunting task. Why not create an array of various art forms right from the floor to the ceiling?
- There is no better place than a wall to show off your collection of masks and souvenirs. Take out all those masks, jharokhas, wall hangings, or African baskets and hang them in eye-pleasing order on the wall for an eclectic look.
I hope this post gives you some inspiration to turn your blank walls into something that reflects your personality.